Review | Christmas at the Candied Apple Cafe

Tuesday 28 November 2017

Hi Lovely, 

I've just finished reading a truly gorgeous christmas novel and I wanted to hop on here and tell you all about it. 

I was in two minds whether or not to read another festive novel as I like to read a handful each year, but I just can't binge on one Christmas story after another. However I am so glad that I decided to read this book as it's been a real treat. So what book am I talking about? This gorgeous one by Katherine Garbera which has such a festive and delightful cover. 

Christmas at the Candied Apple Cafe is published by HarperImpulse and is out now in eBook format with the paperback being released very soon. 


There’s nothing so magical as Christmas in New York…
Santa is coming to New York!
Snow is falling, excitement is high and the delicious scent of chocolate drifts along Fifth Avenue – the Candied Apple Café is ready for Christmas! And no one is busier than publicist Iona Summerlin. With so much to do, she doesn’t have time to think about men, dating, or the fact her last boyfriend ditched her for her brother… Relationships are off the menu!
Hotel boss Mads Eriksson is not looking forward to the first Christmas since losing his wife. His six-year-old daughter Sofia has lost her belief in Christmas magic along with her mother, and he has no idea what to do. But an unusually festive business meeting at the Candied Apple – and meeting the beautiful Iona – starts to defrost Mads’ frozen heart, and suddenly life seems full of light and sparkle again.
If only they dare to believe, maybe all their Christmas dreams will come true!


I will admit that to begin with I was so close to not completing this book because for me it was lacking something, and I couldn't put my finger on what it was. However I stuck with it because I desperately wanted it to transform into a magical story of hope and miracles at christmas. How glad am I that I stuck with it?! Very! From around 40% into the book I became hooked - probably because I got the sparkle of a little romance and I am a sucker for romance. 

We meet Iona who is a fierce character in the sense that she is intelligent, strong, ambitious, and she knows what she wants in life. She owns a cafe called Candied Apple Cafe and she's currently in talks with some big companies who want to turn this one little successful shop into a set of boutique cafe's around the country. Iona works to hide from something that hurts her and through the story we find out what that is. 

One of these big companies has a handsome man attached to it who has his own painful past and a very delightful and sweet daughter who I just wanted to scoop up and cuddle. Initially he wanted to sign her cafe to his company to develop its potential further, however it soon became "complicated" in one sense, and yet in another it was just the perfect romance that swept you away.

I eagerly turned the pages, purely enthralled with the romance and the emotion that blushed from the pages. I adored the characters and although with it being a romance novel you can anticipate the ending, it's the journey that deeply enchants me. 


Katherine has captured a beautifully emotive storyline that tugs at the heart strings this time of year, and I'm sure anyone who has lost a loved one will fail to not feel tears brimming at certain points, however Katherine has developed a heart-warming story of miracles, of hope, and of love at the most magical time of the year. I am awarding this story 4/5 for the beauty and wonder of the Candied Apple Cafe. 

To purchase your copy of Christmas at the Candied Apple Cafe in eBook you can buy it here that will also give you the option to pre-order the paperback 





*Thank you HarperImpulse for giving me a review copy of this delightful story to read via NetGalley* 

Post a Comment