Awaken Your Creativity with Pam Grout

Tuesday 3 October 2017

Hi Lovely, 

It's me, back again just as I promised :) 

Today I want to share with you a book that if I'd followed from cover to cover ...well you wouldn't be hearing about until next year. The book I want to share with you is one that centres on helping you unleash your creative side for an entire year. 

It's by Pam Grout, author of E-Squared, E-Cubed, and Thank and Grow Rich. Let's take a look shall we. 




Art & Soul Reloaded is written by Pam Grout, and is published by Hay House UK


With her trademark humor, enthusiasm, and no-nonsense guidance, #1 New York Times best-selling author of E-Squared Pam Grout invites you on a yearlong “apprenticeship” to recognize and unleash your innate creativity.
Making art does not necessarily mean painting a gallery-worthy still life or belting out a Grammy-winning song. It simply means finding a way to give your inner muse a voice in this world. Sure, there’s drawing, dancing, singing, and writing. But there’s also art to be made from creating your own pair of angel wings or inventing a new toy or curating your own at-home film festival.
Each week features a project of self-examination, an inspirational message, a real-world example of a celebrity who has addressed similar obstacles, and three zany activities to awaken your infinite creativity.
It’s time to declare the beat of your own drum.

I absolutely love anything that allows me to feel inspired, and either create something or write. It's one of the reasons I started this blog initially - because I love writing so much, and being creative.
I'm also quite partial to crochet and sketching on the odd occasion.
In this book Pam challenges you to a year long exploration of your creative self through weekly challenges that are designed to awaken your mind and get you thinking outside the box.
I really enjoyed reading the first 3-4 weeks in this book and have found myself to rekindle my love for being creative. So much so that I've found myself painting the classroom windows as part of displays - we have 2 kinetic letter monkey's and the window is now resembling 2 monkey's in a tree. I've also rekindled a love for journalling - something I did in my anxiety recovery but not since hitting recovery. It's a very therapeutic way of living, and I'm looking forward to seeing what else I can reload in my creative brain and soul. 

Awarding this book 4.5/5 stars 

Post a Comment