Review | The Girl In The Ice

Friday 29 January 2016




Title | The Girl In The Ice 
Author | Robert Bryndza  

Publisher | Bookouture

Publication Date | 11th February 2016 

Purchase | Amazon

Source | Review Copy 

A Page of Love Rating | 5/5 



Her eyes are wide open. Her lips parted as if to speak. Her dead body frozen in the ice…She is not the only one. 

When a young boy discovers the body of a woman beneath a thick sheet of ice in a South London park, Detective Erika Foster is called in to lead the murder investigation. 

The victim, a beautiful young socialite, appeared to have the perfect life. Yet when Erika begins to dig deeper, she starts to connect the dots between the murder and the killings of three prostitutes, all found strangled, hands bound and dumped in water around London. 

What dark secrets is the girl in the ice hiding? 

As Erika inches closer to uncovering the truth, the killer is closing in on Erika. 

The last investigation Erika led went badly wrong… resulting in the death of her husband. With her career hanging by a thread, Erika must now battle her own personal demons as well as a killer more deadly than any she’s faced before. But will she get to him before he strikes again? 

Oh my gosh! Bookouture have done it again! They've gone and brought us an amazing author with oodles of talent and gripping, grimey, hardcore thrilling crime stories to be told!

Robert Bryndza i'm excited to say has signed a three-book deal for a crime thriller series - the first - is this one; The Girl in the Ice, and I can't tell you how excited I am for book 2, and 3... and then more series' please! OK, i'll stop ... but seriously! Get this book, pre-order it, and clear your schedule because once you pick up this book, the only time you'll be putting it back down is when you reach the last page. Toilet & snack breaks won't even come to mind. I promise!

I was hesitant to start this book - the cover kept winking at me on my kindle and I thought - oh go on then! and then I was hooked!!!

I love the story line, bringing in a detective who's on leave following her failure at keeping her team safe on an operation, team members being killed - including her husband Mark. Naturally Erika Foster is raw, who can blame her, but you quickly learn that she is a detective that gets results, whether or not she plays by the powers that be's rules, or not. She is determined, no scratch that, Erika Foster is hungry for results. She doesn't judge one person she comes into contact with (well - hardly anyone), she has a heart and an understanding of civilians lives - especially when they are the innocent ones whose lifestyles are no fault of their own.

The storyline involves the daughter of a well known political figure, one who has the top dogs in the force on speed-dial, one who seems to be dictating the investigation and Erika's bosses seem to be bowing down to his demands. But not Erika, she KNOWS something is not right, and she risks her life (literally) to get answers. Her sheer love of her job, her ass-kicking determination reward her with the respect of her new team who know nothing of her past - until the press get hold of it that is. Still, they fight her corner (apart from one snivelling, jumped up, ....slimebag who thinks he's gods gift to the police force) and fight for her when she can't fight.

Oh my, I don't know how to write this - I don't want to give too much away. From experience, when I can't write a review it usually means the book is a MUST READ, and I have to say, this has to be the second book I've read this year that is in my top 10 reads of 2016! Yes I did just say this;

The Girl in the Ice by Robert Bryndza is a MUST READ for 2016, gripping it's way safely to a secure spot in my Top 10 MUST READS! ~ Dawn Brierley, A Page of Fictional Love 

If you loved reading Angela Marsons' books, then I Promise you, hand on heart, this book will have you frozen to the spot with an eagerness to read one more page until you reach the end and think; Wow! Bloody Hell! Erika HAS to come back with more! I read this book in an almost somewhat psychotic manner - it's grabs you that tightly you can't let go - because you don't want to!

I loved this book (not that you can tell hey? ;) ) and I would love to know more about Erika's past, but I am more than happy to just know more about her future. I feel her character has endured pain we can only imagine, so to see her feeling more secure in herself, and being trusted a little more from those higher up, it would be really satisfying. I'd also really swoon if she was able to find love again - someday (after all she's only just lost her husband), with someone who respects her past, and respects her husbands memory. Oh look, I'm getting gushy over a thriller! What can I say, it's like the book chews you up, spits you back out and still you want more!

Sp please; I apologise for my incoherent jumble of a review - it's just one of those books that gets you, really gets you and you have to say; You Have GOT To Read This! Which you have to, it's simply brilliant. Please read it, post a review on amazon, tweet Robert come back here and tell me your thoughts. But most of all - enjoy! Because that's what reading is supposed to be, enjoyable! and this book certainly ticks that box which is why I easily award it 5 out of 5 Page of Love Hearts


Post a Comment